There are many ways to impact foster youth in our communities with National Youth Advocate Program.
National Youth Advocate Program (NYAP) knows that there are many different ways you can make an impact in a foster youth’s life. Think, for instance, the impact of a smile, wave, random act of kindness or gesture that made your not-so-good days brighter. That is the type of impact that, done with bold love, makes a lasting change in the lives of others. How often do we do this for the foster youth in our communities?
“NYAP encourages its communities to be the change and to see it evolve from a place of hurt to a place of peace and safety for our youth.”
We know that a smile won’t solve all of the world’s problems, but thriving communities start with a catalyst of compassion. We’ve put together a few ways that you can help make an impact this year in the lives of the youth in your area.
BE A POSITIVE INFLUENCER
- Advocate for youth in your social circles by spreading the word about the programs and services at NYAP.
- Work with local legislatives to provide justice for foster youth.
- Provide mentorship for a foster youth.
- Provide resources for those who are in need of help:
- i.e. 1-877-NYAP-CAN or our website www.nyap.org/nfcm
DONATE FOR OUR YOUTH
- Donate what you are comfortable with to organizations doing the work. This looks like something different for anyone. Everything from back-to-school supplies, toys, prom dresses and suitcases are needed by foster care organizations around the country.
- Make your own college care package for teens in foster care who are overcoming the present obstacles of higher education.
- NYAP is often looking for additional resources for our smaller children such as diapers, formula, beds and more. Contact your local office to see how you can help!
PROVIDE A SAFE PLACE FOR OUR YOUTH
- Visit our website at www.nyap.org/nfcm and sign up for free, virtual Foster Parent orientations provided by our licensed staff.
NYAP believes and encourages others to remain positive influencers of change in the lives of the foster and adoptive care communities and to not stop there. There are so many ways that you can give back and our most vulnerable youth need communities to stand behind them now more than ever. You can help…Will you?