NYAP PROMOTES FIREWORK SAFETY
From the Neace Lukens June 2014 Newsletter
Fireworks are a staple of many Fourth of July and other celebrations, but remember to take precautions to en- sure your special event is safe and accident-free. When using fireworks, always plan carefully in advance for who will shoot them and what safety precautions you will have in place.
Here are some suggestions to ensure safety and avoid accidents:
• Use fireworks and sparklers outdoors only.
• Always have a hose or water bucket handy.
• Only use fireworks as intended. Do not alter or combine them.
• Keep spectators a safe distance away.
• Wear safety googles when handling or shooting off fireworks.
• Point fireworks away from people, homes, trees, etc.
• Never try to relight a dud (a firework that didn’t properly ignite).
• Soak all firework debris in water before throwing it away.
• Never give sparklers to young children.
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE FOURTH OF JULY!!!